How to properly take care of jewelry from Joanna Watracz studio?
Good advice: " Your jewelry should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off "
To keep your jewelry looking its best you have to remember about a few rules:
- 1). Jewelry with precious gemstones require a special care.
- Avoid contact with chemicals. Applay lotions, creams, hair-spray and other cosmetics before dressing in jewelry.
- Never spray perfume onto jewelry. The alcohol and acids in perfume will cause permament demage.
- 2). Precious metals don't like moisture.
- Never wear jewelry while swimming or bathing.
- Take off your pieces when doing physical work such as exercise, housekeeping or gardening.
- 3). It's important to keep your jewelry out of flowing air and humidity when not being worn.
- Store it in dry and air - tight area, such as zip - lock bag, jewelry pouches or jewelry box.
- 4). Tarnishing is caused by oxygen and moisture. Silver will tarnish over time and it's normal.
- Silver needs to be cleaned ocasionally. Use a silver polishing cloth or cotton cloth and gently rub the silver.
- Do it with care! This will remove the tarnish and dulness from your jewelry.
- 5). Store away from heat and direct sunlight. Sun may fade the colour of some gemstones.
- 6). Store each piece of jewelry separetly to avoid scratching and demaging.
- 7). Take off all jewelry before bed. Never wear it while sleeping.